Top tips for freelancing in events
Last month I presented at the "Carving your Career in Events" webinar organised by Cameron Hughes from Edinburgh Napier University Events Society.
I closed my presentation with some Top Tips to consider when going freelance... Let me know what you think? Do you have any others that you would add?
1. Join Connektd - Your Freelance Community!
2. Think of yourself as a business, not an individual – setup a second bank account
3. Work out what you need to earn in a year and work from there
4. Create your brand, what makes you different
5. Network network network
6. Keep your LinkedIn up to date, and engage with those who view your profile
7. Get experience under your belt before you go from full-time to freelance
8. If you are in a full-time role, try and have your first work lined up before you jump
9. Get insured
10. Get financial advice
11. Save your tax
12. Be aware of IR35
You can see the recording of the full event here - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gRyLvV7Fq10&feature=youtu.be
#eventprofs #freelance #getconnektd #TheEventFreelancer #Summit #graduate